Is it just me, or does the word "swimsuit" become profane post-baby? My size hasn't changed much, and my post-baby body doesn't look much different. But I've noticed that my bikini just doesn't cut it anymore. I feel waaaay more naked in two narrow strips of spandex than I did before! Also, pre-baby pooltime didn't involve nearly as much reaching, bending, crawling, etc, as it does post-baby, and little black bikinis are sooo not meant for that kind of activity. I'm in the market for a more modest suit, one that says "sexy and fun" without saying "Oops, my boob just fell out!" So I've been doing a little shopping. I need a new suit ASAP for our trips to the aquatic center, but I'm vacillating between these gorgeous retro one-pieces and brighter, sportier options:
- What a silhouette! And that color!
- I love these shirred brights from Athleta.
- Budget-friendly polka dots.
- These shorts are built to be worn as swim bottoms, and I love the tank-and-shorts option for boating, kayaking, and swimming.
- This is just plain sexy.
- I would even brave a two-piece with these fun separates.
Any insight here? I think I want them all.