S asked me recently what was on my Christmas wish list... and I stared at her like an idiot. I hadn't thought about it at all! So I've rounded up a few things that would make my socks go up and down, and might be right for the new mom on your list.
- You know how I feel about TOMS.
- A movie that she missed or TV series she didn't have time to watch. For me, Girls.
- Lovely PJs that say, "You're still a woman, but there's no pressure to get dressed." (Will someone say that to me, please?)
- A pretty coffee mug to perk up her morning. How did moms mom before coffee?
- Sparkly studs go with anything and won't get yanked out.
- An interesting new book for a naptime escape. I'm ready for the new ones from Barbara and Louise, but have you read this one? Wow.
- A gift certificate for a new experience. If she's ready for a break from Baby: a massage, a pass to a yoga studio or a fun lesson, etc, and an offer to watch the babe. If she's not ready to leave her little one (no pressure, it's tough!), then a chance for an outing together: a museum pass, a gift certificate to a local market, or credit at a coffee house near home.
I'm thinking 2+3+4 sounds like amazing Saturday morning. What's are you pining for this year?
PS: Did you know Etsy now offers gift cards? Dude!
PPS: Here's my PSA on behalf of new moms everywhere: DO NOT buy baby stuff for a new mom as a Christmas gift. It's like saying "You're not a real person anymore. You're just a keeper for this awesome new baby! Here ya go!" If that's not a punch in the kneecaps, I don't know what is.